It’s like chain mail! Which ordinarily drives me crazy. But it’s always fun to make lists about yourself! This is all Hala’s fault.
- Let others know who tagged you.
- Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
- Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
Eight Random Facts
- I met my fiance on Criagslist. No really. Craigslist. (And it wasn’t a nsa sex posting. Git yer mind outta the gutter!)
- I got my first tattoo, a cartoon character whose name I’ll not reveal here, when I was eighteen and only because all of my friends were getting tattoos. Lame. Lame. Lame.
- Left to my own devices, I’d probably have coffee, doughnuts and a cigarette for breakfast. Okay. That’s only a half a truth. But it does strike me a strange that cigarette smoke still smells good to me even though I haven’t been a smoker in years and I know where all the doughnut shops are in my neighborhood but never buy them.
- My dog’s name is Kai, which means something in about a million different languages, but I didn’t name him. He came that way, and to the extent that Kai rhymes with about a million different words, he’ll pretty much respond to any of them. (I know that’s not really about me….)
- I have deeply ambivalent feelings about my bachelor party next week. The groomsman in charge is awfully excited about throwing it, and I’m awfully excited about dinner. But the “entertainment” worries me.
- In the past ten years, I’ve moved, on average, once a year.
- Despite that nomadic existence, and despite my “Buddhist leanings,” I seem to have a lot of crap.
- I’d been interested in Buddhism, both academically and personally, since as early as 1991 when my grandmother died in 1997. But it was then that I started calling myself a Buddhist. The hows and whys of that experience are far too complicated for a little list like this!
I am tagging:
Buddhist Geeks, because it’s their fault I started the Buddhoblogosphere project.
Vince Horn, Cliff Jones, and Joty Barker because they’re giving it a chance.
Hala, because this post is really her fault.
ButterflyEves, because you need to read her shit.
Michael David Murphy because this is the most beautiful blog I’ve ever seen.
SomaFM, because they need our help.